No. 11 Baseball Welcomes FAU Wednesday | 6 PM
GAME INFORMATION – GAME 38
#11 MIAMI HURRICANES (25-12, 14-4 ACC) vs. FAU OWLS (19-16, 7-11 C-USA)
Coral Gables, Fla. • Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field (4,999)
Wed., April 16, 2014 (6 p.m. ET)
HurricaneSports.com Canes All-Access ($) • WVUM 90.5 FM | WVUM.org
Miami leads the all-time series between the two schools by a commanding 53-12 margin, including a 45-10 record in Miami. The Hurricanes dropped their first 2014 matchup with the Owls by a final score of 5-2 on February 19 at Mark Light Field.
MIAMI RHP Javi Salas (2-3, 3.18 ERA) vs. FAU LHP Sean Labsan (0-0, 3.00 ERA)
MIDWEEK NEWS AND NOTES
• By capturing its series finale 7-2 against Pittsburgh Sunday, Miami completed its third consecutive three-game ACC sweep – the first time the Hurricanes have accomplished the feat since joining the conference in 2004.
• Miami’s current 12-game winning streak is the longest in the nation, and the longest for the Hurricanes since a 14-game stretch in 2008. Miami also has the second-longest road winning streak of any team nationwide (eight games).
• With nine consecutive ACC wins, Miami has tied the franchise record for conference winning streak – done twice before. But 2014 marks the first time the Hurricanes have won nine straight ACC games in one season.
• After struggling through the first month of the season, freshman slugger Zack Collins has turned it up a notch. Collins is hitting at a .339 clip over the past 15 games with five doubles, three home runs and 20 RBI.
• Senior Dale Carey moved his season average above .300 (.308) with nine hits in 16 at bats this week (.563). He tied a career high with three hits in back-to-back games (April 11-12), and reached base at a .667 clip for the week.
• Over his last six starts, redshirt sophomore Andrew Suarez has allowed just eight earned runs in 47.1 innings (1.52 ERA). He is 3-0 over that stretch with 28 strikeouts compared to just seven walks. Suarez ranks 16th in the ACC with a 2.66 ERA this spring.
BUILDING A RESUME…
• Miami has used its 12-game winning streak, including three consecutive ACC sweeps, to vault to No. 18 in the latest Warren Nolan Top 25 RPI (April 15).
• Miami has eight wins against teams in the Warren Nolan Top 50 RPI, including a road win over No. 4 Florida State, a series victory over No. 1 Florida, a win over No. 8 Virginia, a road sweep of No. 44 NC State and a road win against No. 35 Georgia Tech.
• With a challenging ACC slate remaining, Miami’s strength of schedule is rated No. 25 by Warren Nolan.