No. 7 @MiamiHurricanes Hosts Wake Forest
No. 7 Miami (6-0, 2-0 ACC) puts its eight-game winning streak on the line Saturday when it hosts Wake Forest (4-3, 2-2 ACC) at noon ET on ESPNU. Saturday is UM Employee Day at Sun Life Stadium.
Miami is in the BCS rankings for the first time since Nov. 24, 2010, when the Hurricanes were No. 24. It is Miami’s first BCS Top 10 ranking since Oct. 18, 2009, when it was No. 10. Sunday’s ranking is Miami’s highest in the BCS since the Hurricanes were No. 3 on Nov. 13, 2005.
GAME INFORMATION – GAME 7
7/6/7 MIAMI HURRICANES (6-0, 2-0 ACC) vs. NR/NR/NR WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS (4-3, 2-2)
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 • Noon ET • ESPN • Miami Gardens, Fla. • Sun Life Stadium (74,916)
Miami leads 7-3 and has won six straight meetings … Miami is 4-0 in ACC era.
ESPNU • Tom Hart, Play-by-Play • John Congemi, Analyst
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
WVUM 90.5 FM • Chris Wittyngham • Alex Schwartz • Giselle Espinales
Satellite Radio • Sirius 85 • XM 85
- Miami’s latest rankings in the AP, USA TODAY Sports, Harris Interactive Poll and BCS standings are its highest since Nov. 13, 2005.
- Miami has 20 sacks through 6 games.
- Stephen Morris is one of seven 6,000-yard passers in program history.
- Miami’s eight-game winning streak is the fifth-longest active streak in FBS behind only Ohio State, Alabama, Baylor and Oregon.
- Duke Johnson is the only player in Miami history with at least 3 kickoff returns of 95+ yards in his career.
• How clutch has junior TE Clive Walford been for the Miami Hurricanes offense? 22 of Walford’s last 24 touches have resulted in either a Miami first down or touchdown.
• This season, nine of Walford’s 13 receptions have resulted in a first down, while two have resulted in a touchdown.
• Duke Johnson has 3,097 career all-purpose yards and is on pace to break Santana Moss’ career record. Johnson has 8 200-yard games, including a pair of 300-yard outbursts.
• Miami is 7-1 when #ElDuque accumulates 200+ all-purpose yards, including a 4-1 mark in ACC play.
• Through six games, the Miami Hurricanes have tallied 20 sacks by 13 different players. Miami ranks third in the ACC and seventh in the nation with 3.33 sacks per game.
• Last season, the Hurricanes recorded 13 sacks by seven different players in 12 games.
PASSING IN BUNCHES
• Miami’s Stephen Morris is one of six FBS QBs that is averaging more than 16.0 yards per completion this season. Morris is averaging 16.52 yards per completion – the fifth-most in the nation behind Baylor’s Bryce Petty (19.83), Florida State’s Jameis Winston (16.83), Oregon’s Marcus Mariota (16.67) and Michigan’s Devin Gardner (16.63).
• Morris also ranked 25th nationally in passing efficiency with a 153.1 rate.
NFL BAG POLICY (VIEW GRAPHIC OF APPROVED BAGS)
The National Football League’s new bag policy will be in effect for all seven 2013 Miami Hurricanes home games at Sun Life Stadium. The new bag policy, which was established with fan safety and expedited entry in mind, places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Sun Life Stadium. Fans may continue to carry pockets items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. As part of this initiative, each season-ticket account will receive one (1) approved bag which they may use at their convenience.
SLS staff will be patrolling the parking lots to educate fans about the new policy with flyers and signage. Staff will also hand out one-gallon bags in the lots and at the stadium gates.
Below are the NFL approved bags fans may carry into the stadium:
One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
Sandbar Sports Grill (@SandbarGrove), located 3064 Grand Ave. in Coconut Grove, will be the new location for the Hurricane Hotline. Fans are encouraged to join third-year head coach Al Golden, various assistant coaches and players each week during the 2013 football season. The Hurricane Hotline, hosted by Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr., will air from 7-9 p.m. on WQAM – players from 7-7:30 p.m., Coach Golden from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and an assistant coach from 8:30-9 p.m.