allCanes, Pata Fund Hosts Kids Shopping Spree
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – allCanes, the Bryan Pata Memorial Fund and several Miami coaches and their wives teamed up for the 13th annual Holiday Shopping Spree for Kinds on Wednesday.
The annual event, which honors Pata’s legacy, was held at the Coral Gables location on the edge of the UM campus. More than 30 at-risk local kids from Kendall Boys & Girls Clubs, Police Athletic Leage, Pata Memorial Fund and North Miami Boys & Girls Clubs received a $95 shopping spree. This year’s event was presented by Milam’s Markets.
Hosted by broadcaster Tony Segreto, the event included:
- Miami AD Blake James and his wife Kelly;
- Kelly Golden, wife of head coach Al Golden;
- Lucia D’Onofrio, wife of defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio;
- Kenia Coley, wife of offensive coordinator James Coley;
- Shakiera Scott, wife of TE coach Larry Scott;
- Dee Kehoe, wife of OL coach Art Kehoe;
- Amber Carroll, wife of WR coach Brennan Carroll;
- WBB head coach Katie Meier;
- OL coach Art Kehoe;
- Men’s tennis head coach Mario Rincon;
- Women’s tennis head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews;
- Sebastian the Ibis; and
- members of the Pata family.
Pata was a member of the Miami Hurricanes football team from 2003-06. He was in his fourth season with the Canes when he died Nov. 7, 2006. He appeared in 41 games, making 23 starts, and was playing defensive tackle during his final season.
No. 25 Miami (9-3) will play No. 18/16 Louisville (11-1) in the 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl on Dec. 28 in Orlando. Tickets, which are priced at $77 and $82, can be purchased through the UM Ticket Office online at CanesTix.com, in-person at BankUnited Center (M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.) or by phone at 1-800-GO-CANES.