Final Two-a-Day Gets Underway Saturday on Greentree
Aug. 21, 2010
Blog – TheUFootball.com: Find Out Which Voters Have Hit Hopes For UM
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – With the team’s final scrimmage of fall camp set for Monday, the University of Miami football team began its final two-a-day practice session Saturday morning on the Greentree Practice Fields. The `Canes will return to campus this afternoon at 3:15 p.m. for a lighter practice before holding a quick walkthrough Sunday morning.
O-Line Looks Good
Saturday morning was a great indicator as to how far Jeff Stoutland’s offensive line has improved since day one of camp. Starting with Seantrel Henderson and Malcolm Bunche, the big tandem was praised on a number of occasions for creating a big surge on their side of the line. Tyler Horn had a big block to set up a run up the middle by Damien Berrry, while Orlando Franklin and Harland Gunn created a big hole for Lamar Miller to run through on the left side.
After a tough, physical practice Saturday morning, the `Canes will grab some lunch and then head to meetings at 2 p.m. before returning to Greentree for another two-hour session in the late afternoon hours. Head coach Randy Shannon said this afternoon’s practice will be lighter than the morning session, with more passing drills emphasized.
– Chase Ford caught two long catches of 30-35 yards during 7-on-7 action.
– Jacory Harris connected with Leonard Hankerson on three passing plays resulting in a combined 80-85 yards. Harris also connected with Travis Benjamin on a deep pass late in team drills at the end of the session.
– Damien Berry broke off a number of first down runs, including one up the middle during inside run drills.
– Ramon Buchanan had a fumble recovery during inside run drills and later added a tackle for a loss in team work.
– Kacy Rodgers recorded a tackle for a loss and a pass break-up in blitz drills.
– Jeremy Lewis and Olivier Vernon stood out among the defensive linemen. Lewis got into the backfield on a number of occasions and recorded a tackle for a loss while Vernon had a tackle for a loss and a QB pressure.
– Dyron Dye recovered a fumble late in the team session.
– Sean Spence had three tackles and a QB pressure.
– Keion Payne had a pass defended and a tackle.
Join the Carnivale
The Hurricane Club is proud to announce the first-ever “Canes Carnivale” interactive festival taking place Sat., Aug. 28, in the Basketball Field House and H-100 parking lot at the BankUnited Center on the UM campus in Coral Gables, Fla.
The event, which runs from 10:30 a.m. through 1 p.m., will feature a variety of activities for Hurricane Club members to enjoy while interacting with their favorite Hurricanes student-athletes from all UM sports. Admission for all Hurricane Club members is free, while they may bring up to three guests with them to enjoy the event. In addition, non-Hurricane Club members whom would like to attend the event may join the Hurricane Club for a one-time, special offer of just $10.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Let’s Talk Ohio State
Do you want an exclusive lunch with head coach Randy Shannon on the week of the highly-anticipated game against No. 2 Ohio State?
Here is your chance… The Hurricane Club and Coach Shannon have joined forces for the latest It’s All About the U Speaker Series event. Shannon will be the featured speaker at Timpano’s Chophouse in Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday, Sept. 7 from Noon to 1 p.m. That’s just four days before the most anxiously awaited non-conference game of the 2010 season.
Make your Lunch Reservation by CLICKING HERE.
To order tickets for the 2010 season, call 1-800-GO-CANES or visit www.hurricanesports.com