Q&A With Laura West
Oct. 3, 2001
Laura West-Junior-Allen, Texas
1. At what age did you start playing Soccer and why?
I started playing when I was 5 years old because my big sister played and I wanted to be just like her.
2. Who in your family do you idolize?
I idolize my twin sister because she is beautiful.
3. What soccer player did you pretend to be as a kid?
I pretended to be my friend Jordan Walker. I thought she was awesome.
4. Who do you think is the greatest player at your position?
5. What do you like to watch on television?
I like to watch Friends and Will & Grace.
6. Some people would be surprised to learn this about you?
I took dance classes when I was little.
7. Worst feeling you have ever had in soccer?
Breaking my nose wasn’t very fun.
8. What was your impression the first time that you visited Miami?
My impression was that there was a lot of colorful houses and buildings.
9. Where are your favorite hot spots in Miami?
10. What two traits would you like to borrow from two of your teammates?
I would like Lisa’s speed and Vonda’s skill.
11. Best sports memory playing for Miami?
My best sports memory was beating Florida.
12. Who has been your favorite roommate at UM and why?
Lisa Gomez because she makes me peanut butter balls.
13. Your house is on fire. Your family is safe. What items do you go back in and get?
I would get my photo albums and my teddy bear.
14. One athlete or entertainer you look at and say, “I wish I had his or her life”?
15. You are stuck on an island forever. Pick one CD, one book and a person?
I would pick Dave Matthews and my sister.
16. What is your favorite movie?
Dumb and Dumber