|COMMUNICATIONS||SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY|
The Hurricane Club is the development arm of the UM Athletic Department, and is responsible for providing operational and scholarship funding vital for our 18 varsity sports.
The office internship gives students the opportunity to develop their donor relations and fundraising skills, as well as assist in the execution of the Annual Fund operations plan. The game day intern will be responsible for assisting with hospitality at events, specifically donor events during football and men’s basketball games.
The Hurricane Club is seeking hard-working individuals interested in pursuing a career in sport administration. Qualified applicants may have or be pursuing a degree in public relations, sport administration, or related fields.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Assist with donor relations, new member solicitation and membership renewals
- Make outbound calls for soliciting donations
- Serve as the front line in answering calls, responding to emails and providing excellent customer service
- Conduct research to be used in future fundraising campaigns
- Assist with preparation for football and men’s basketball game day hospitality
- Assist with the execution of Hurricane Club game day hospitality
- Ensure suite and hospitality area readiness, greet donors, monitor hospitality areas and be actively involved in stewardship for the Hurricane Club
- Previous customer service experience and/or collegiate athletics experience
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules
For more information contact Kevin Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org