|COMMUNICATIONS||SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY|
|EVENT OPERATIONS||ALUMNI PROGRAMS|
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
The social media strategy internship gives students the chance to join one of the more elite digital departments in all of college athletics. Interns will get hands-on experience with a social media team constantly in the Top 15 in all of college sports in interactions, engagements, video views and more.
The digital strategy department is seeking diligent individuals interested in pursuing a career in digital and social media marketing. Qualified applicants may have or be pursuing a degree in electronic media, marketing, advertising, sport administration or related fields. Additionally, applicants should have preferred skills in photography, videography, the Adobe Creative Suite and other content creation programs.
Interested in applying? CLICK HERE
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Assisting with content capturing and content distribution for all sports
- Developing social media plans and content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and YouTube
- Assisting with UM Athletics’ digital asset management software, Photoshelter
- Assisting with uploading and tagging content for student-athletes in Opendorse – Miami’s name, image and likeness partner
- Assist with gameday duties for Miami Hurricanes football
- Assist with publishing Miami Hurricanes sponsored content onto social media platforms
- Identifying emerging social and digital media trends that can be implemented on our social channels
- Updating web content on MiamiHurricanes.com
- Providing customer service on social media channels
- Brainstorming ideas to increase fan engagement and drive revenue to the organization through digital platforms
- Using Miami’s social media analytics software Conviva to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic to intermediate experience in digital media, social media, marketing, advertising or sport administration
- Basic or intermediate knowledge of photography/videography including but not limited to DSLR or Mirrorless camera systems
- Basic understanding of Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Adobe Premier
- Enrolled in courses related to social media, digital marketing, etc.