MBB Travels to Wake Forest Tuesday
February 26, 2019 | 7 p.m. | RSN
LJVM Coliseum | Winston-Salem, N.C.
Miami (12-14, 4-10 ACC) at Wake Forest (10-16, 3-11 ACC)
WatchESPN | Fox Sports Go | RSN Affiliates | Roster | Schedule | UM Game Notes | WF Game Notes
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men’s basketball team visits Wake Forest Tuesday for a 7 p.m. ACC game at the Lawrence Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C. The ACC’s Regional Sports Networks have the television broadcast. In South Florida, that includes FOX Sports South and FOX Sports Sun.
The broadcast also streams online via the WatchESPN app (subject to blackout) and the FOX Sports Go app (in market). The Canes’ radio broadcast airs on WQAM 560-AM and also streams on HurricaneSports.com, Radio.com and the TuneIn app.
Things To Know
• Three of Miami’s final four regular-season games are on the road.
• Miami topped the Demon Deacons, 76-65, in Coral Gables on Jan. 12.
• Miami is the only power conference team with five players each averaging at least 11 points per game.
• Chris Lykes is on pace for UM’s highest-scoring season since Jack McClinton averaged 19.3 ppg in 2008-09.
• Lykes is ninth in the ACC in overall scoring (16.6 ppg) and eighth in conference play (16.6 ppg).
• UM has led in the second half in 20 of its 26 games.
• Zach Johnson is one of 19 players nationally with 1,500 career points and 350 assists.
• Anthony Lawrence II has played in 124 career games at UM, ninth most in program history.
Miami (12-14, 4-10 ACC) led from start to finish Saturday as it rolled to an 80-65 triumph over Georgia Tech in Coral Gables. Lawrence nearly recorded the fourth triple-double in program history with 16 points, 10 rebounds and a career-high nine assists. DJ Vasiljevic hit five 3-pointers in scoring 21 points for the Canes.
Lykes leads the Hurricanes in scoring at 16.6 ppg, while Johnson (12.2), Lawrence II (11.8), Vasiljevic (11.5) and Ebuka Izundu (11.1) also are averaging in double figures this season. As a team the Canes are scoring 72.5 ppg this year and giving up 70.1 ppg.
Wake Forest (10-16, 3-11) lost at North Carolina State, 94-74, Sunday evening. Brandon Childress leads the team in scoring at 14.7 ppg while Jaylon Hoard is averaging 13.8 ppg and a team-high 8.0 rpg. The Demon Deacons are averaging 68.9 ppg and allowing 76.0 ppg.
Wake Forest holds an 11-10 edge in the all-time series with Miami, although UM leads, 10-9, since entering the ACC in 2004-05. The home team has won 16 of 19 games, including eight straight, in the series. Jim Larrañaga is 5-4 in his career against Wake Forest, including 5-3 while at Miami.
Miami has lost nine of its 10 previous games in Winston-Salem, including seven of eight in ACC play, with the lone win coming on Feb. 9, 2011 (74-73). UM took a 96-79 loss to Wake Forest on Jan. 18, 2017, in its last trip to Winston-Salem.
The Canes return to the state of North Carolina Saturday, playing at third-ranked Duke in a 4 p.m. contest that will be televised nationally by CBS.
To keep up with the University of Miami men’s basketball team on social media, follow @CanesHoops on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.