#GameDayPrep: Packed House Awaits Wake Forest
No. 7 Miami (6-0, 2-0 ACC) puts its eight-game winning streak on the line Saturday when it hosts Wake Forest (4-3, 2-2 ACC) at noon ET on ESPNU. Saturday is UM Employee Day at Sun Life Stadium.
Miami is in the BCS rankings for the first time since Nov. 24, 2010, when the Hurricanes were No. 24. It is Miami’s first BCS Top 10 ranking since Oct. 18, 2009, when it was No. 10. Sunday’s ranking is Miami’s highest in the BCS since the Hurricanes were No. 3 on Nov. 13, 2005.
GAME INFORMATION – GAME 7
7/6/7 MIAMI HURRICANES (6-0, 2-0 ACC) vs. NR/NR/NR WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS (4-3, 2-2)
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 • Noon ET • ESPN • Miami Gardens, Fla. • Sun Life Stadium (74,916)
Miami leads 7-3 and has won six straight meetings … Miami is 4-0 in ACC era.
ESPNU • Tom Hart, Play-by-Play • John Congemi, Analyst • Shelley Smith, Sideline Report
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
WVUM 90.5 FM • Chris Wittyngham • Alex Schwartz • Giselle Espinales
Satellite Radio • Sirius 85 • XM 85
Can’t make it to Sun Life Stadium? Here’s a complete list of 2013 Miami Alumni Watch Parties.
|Helpful Links: 2013 Media Almanac • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart • TheUFootball.com|
VERIZON WIRELESS UM EMPLOYEE DAY
Saturday is Verizon Wireless UM Employee Day. UM employees were able to receive one complimentary ticket and had the opportunity to purchase up to three additional tickets for $1 each. Each ticket includes a $10 voucher to use at the concession stands at Sun Life Stadium. Unlike previous years, vouchers are only redeemable for food and drinks, not merchandise.
HONORARY CAPTAIN: VINNY TESTAVERDE
Miami Hurricanes great and 1986 Heisman Trophy winning QB Vinny Testaverde will be honored during Saturday’s game with a National Football Foundation Hall of Fame On-Campus Salute. Testaverde will also be the honorary captain for the Miami Hurricanes game vs. Wake Forest. Kickoff is set for noon ET on ESPNU. One of the greatest quarterbacks in school history, Testaverde was Miami’s first Heisman Trophy winner in 1986, while also winning the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award, Maxwell Award and Davey O’Brien Trophy. He led the Hurricanes to three bowl berths, including the 1987 Fiesta Bowl, which determined the national champion. Testaverde, who was a redshirt on Miami’s 1983 national championship team, went 23-3 as a starter playing for legendary coaches Howard Schnellenberger and Hall of Famer Jimmy Johnson.
STUDENT BUS SCHEDULE
Buses will leave the University of Miami campus from the BankUnited Center and will begin departing 3 hours prior to kickoff. The first buses return at halftime and will run until 45 after the conclusion of the game.
- RV lot will open at 7 a.m.
- Green lot will open at 7 a.m.
- Blue, Orange, Maroon and Purple lots will open at 8 a.m.
- Stadium gates will open at 10:30 a.m.
- Kickoff is set for noon on ESPNU
Advanced Orange parking for Saturday’s Miami Hurricanes football game vs. Wake Forest is sold out. A limited number of advanced parking is still available for the Green ($30), Blue ($40), Maroon ($45) and Purple ($45) lots. The main parking lots require a pre-paid parking pass and cash will not be accepted in those lots. Fans have until Friday to purchase pre-paid parking at the UM Ticket Office located at BankUnited Center.
Gameday parking in the exterior cash lots will be $25 per car on Saturday.
SLS TAILGATING POLICIES
Tailgating is a big part of the gameday experience for many fans. For safety and enjoyment of all, we ask that you please follow these Tailgating tips:
- Occupy only ONE parking space per vehicle. Please do not save spaces for others.
- Tailgate directly behind your vehicle using the designated 8’x10′ space outlined on the ground.
- Do not block the fire lane with tents or other items; the lane is needed for emergency response vehicles. Miami-Dade Police Officers will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- No box trucks, trailers, grills in-tow or any catering service from an outside source may be brought in.
- No kegs are allowed on the property. Anyone dispensing beer from a keg will be asked to leave and the keg will be confiscated.
- No golf carts or motorized scooters of any kind permitted.
- No generators, home speakers, banners and/or DJ’s may be used.
- Please keep music volume low and do not play music with inappropriate language.
- Barbeque grills are allowed, open-flame fires are not permitted.
- Extinguish hot coals with water before leaving the area.
- Do NOT dispose of charcoal briquettes on the ground. After they are cold, place them in a plastic bag and deposit them in a trash bin.
- Clean up your area before entering the stadium to watch the game so it’s safe for you and others.
Please remember that Sun Life Stadium is private property and our rules and regulations will be strictly enforced for the safety and convenience of our guests.
GATE INFORMATION | NEW SLS FAN CONDUCT RULES
All stadium gates will open at 10:30 a.m. All patrons will be wanded as they enter the stadium. To avoid long lines and congestion, please get to the stadium early.
The Hurricane Walk, the newest gameday Miami Hurricanes tradition. Hurricanes fans are invited to take part in the walk by forming a “human tunnel” from Gate H (southwest corner of SLS) to Gate A. Join your fellow Hurricanes, the Band of the Hour, Sebastian the Ibis and the spirit squads as the 2013 Miami Hurricanes football team walks from its arrival point into Sun Life Stadium. To take part in this event and welcome the Canes in grand fashion, make sure you are at Gate H by10 a.m.
NFL BAG POLICY (VIEW GRAPHIC OF APPROVED BAGS)
The National Football League’s new bag policy will be in effect for all seven 2013 Miami Hurricanes home games at Sun Life Stadium. The new bag policy, which was established with fan safety and expedited entry in mind, places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Sun Life Stadium. Fans may continue to carry pockets items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. As part of this initiative, each season-ticket account will receive one (1) approved bag which they may use at their convenience.
Below are the NFL approved bags fans may carry into the stadium:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.