Q&A With Vonda Matthews
Sept. 26, 2001
Vonda Matthews-Sophomore-Broken Arrow, Okla.
1. At what age did you start playing Soccer and why?
I started playing soccer when I was six years old because my sister played.
2. Who in your family do you idolize?
I idolize my sister Evonne.
3. What soccer player did you pretend to be as a kid?
I actually pretended to be my sister when I was a kid.
4. Who do you think is the greatest player at your position?
5. What do you like to watch on television?
I like to watch Friends and Seinfeld.
6. Some people would be surprised to learn this about you?
People would be surprised to know that I herd cattle.
7. Worst feeling you have ever had in soccer?
The worst feeling was separating both of my shoulders.
8. Where are your favorite hot spots in Miami?
“The fun house.”
9. What two traits would you like to borrow from two of your teammates?
I would like to have Allison Ford’s intensity and Katie Clifford’s humor.
10. Best sports memory playing for Miami?
My best sports memory was beating Florida.
12. Your house is on fire. Your family is safe. What items do you go back in and get?
I would go back for my picture book and my fishing pole.
13. You are stuck on an island forever. Pick one CD, one book and a person?
Vertical Horizon as my CD, Plantation as my book, and Daniel Kirby, my best friend from Oklahoma.
14. What is your favorite movie?
National Lampoon’s Vacation.