adidas x Miami: Parley for the Oceans Uniform
adidas x University of Miami: Parley for the Oceans
Determined to keep their surrounding oceans clean, and as a nod to the University of Miami’s renowned Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, adidas and the Hurricanes’ alternate uniforms were created through adidas’ continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans. The environmentally-conscious uniforms have been crafted from repurposed and upcycled materials.
- ECONYL® YARN: The adidas Primeknit A1 football uniform is composed of over 70% regenerated ECONYL® yarn; a raw material transformed from fishing nets and other nylon waste intercepted in marine environments.
- The jersey’s base is complimented by twill numbering.
- The design within the numbering features a wave print, fusing Miami’s signature dark green with the EQT green colorway that has become synonymous with adidas x Parley.
- The base of the uniform is white, eliminating the use of toxic color dyes and materials.
- To resemble Miami’s Ibis mascot, the uniform’s white and orange colorways resemble the seagull’s white feathering and orange beak.
- New, custom-made typography is inspired by the same lettering used for the Orange Bowl
- Parley’s signature EQT design is throughout the numbers, using an orange colorway with a replica plastic finish to resemble net and plastic bottles.
- The jersey features a body-mapping design, using a ribbed, knit pattern on the chest and shoulder pads to produce a refined fit, while knit engineered mesh channels feature Climacool technology to provide enhanced breathability and cooling zones
- The new uniforms will make their on-field debut against the University of Virginia on Fri., Oct. 11, at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium.
About Parley for the Oceans
Parley for the Oceans is the global network where creators, thinkers and leaders from the creative industries, brands, governments and environmental groups come together to raise awareness for the beauty and fragility of the oceans and collaborate on projects that can end their destruction. The organization has formed alliances with major corporations including adidas, Anheuser Busch InBev (Corona), American Express; the United Nations; the Maldives and collaborators spanning the worlds of science, art, fashion, design, entertainment, sports, and space and ocean exploration. To know more: www.parley.tv