Miami Takes Down Davidson, 7-0
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men’s tennis team defeated Davidson College, 7-0, Tuesday afternoon at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, for UM’s fifth victory of the season.
The Canes swept singles play, winning all six matches in straight sets.
Doubles play began with Nile Clark and Piotr Lomacki defeating Zack Zapatero and Artem Khrapko, 6-1. Max Andrews and Bernard Tefel took down David Hager and Jack Riazzi, 6-2, to secure the 1-0 lead for the Canes. Jesse Flores and Christian Langmo were leading J.B. Gough and Shamael Chaudhry, 4-3, when the match was called.
In singles, Fermin Calvo got Miami on the board first with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Jordan Hart. No. 78 Lomacki then earned Miami’s third point by beating Khrapko, 6-2, 6-2. Andrews secured the win for the Canes with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Gough.
Clark defeated Riazzi, 6-4, 6-2, while Flores beat Hager 6-4, 7-5 and No. 81 Langmo took down Chaudhry, 7-5, 7-6.
Miami is back in action Thursday, March 3, when Michigan comes to Coral Gables, Fla., to face at 12 p.m. at the Neil Schiff Tennis Complex.
Miami 7, Davidson 0
1. #78 Piotr Lomacki (UM) def. Artem Khrapko (DAV) 6-2, 6-2
2. #81 Christian Langmo (UM) def. Shamael Chaudhry (DAV) 7-5, 7-6
3. Max Andrews (UM) def. J.B. Gough (DAV) 6-3, 6-4
4. Jesse Flores (UM) def. David Hager (DAV) 6-3, 7-5
5. Fermin Calvo (UM) def. Jordan Hart (DAV) 6-1, 6-2
6. Nile Clark (UM) def. Jack Riazzi (DAV) 6-4, 6-2
1. Jesse Flores/Christian Langmo (UM) vs. J.B. Gough/Shamael Chaudhry (DAV) 4-3, unfinished
2. Nile Clark/Piotr Lomacki (UM) def. Zack Zapatero/Artem Khrapko (DAV) 6-1
3. Max Andrews/Bernard Tefel (UM) def. David Hager/Jack Riazzi (DAV) 6-2