GSR Comparison: Defining Graduate Success Rate
NCAA.org: Explaining the GSR
NCAA.org: Grad Rates Hit High Marks
“We are extremely proud of our student-athletes and their record-producing commitment to academic success,” commented UM Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt.
“The praise must be spread out to every team within our athletics department. This is a joint effort to achieve at the highest level and leave this University with a degree. Our Academic staff of tutors, advisors, mentors and leaders has laid the foundation for success. The young adults in this department have truly seized the opportunity and created a first-class success story.”
The Athletics Department has exceeded the NCAA average for GSR in each of the last six years.
|Miami Compared to the NCAA
Below is an infograph that illustrates UM’s percentage compared to the NCAA average:
Below are highlights from the latest round of GSR scores, as well as accompanying graphics to the right:
- Overall, Miami athletic teams have improved from 77 percent to 86 percent over the last six years.
- Football is now at a record GSR of 81 percent. This comes on the heels of `The U’ receiving a national award from the American Football Coaches for its 2009 annual GSR.
- Women’s Basketball has six consecutive perfect marks of 100 percent.
- Golf has six consecutive perfect marks of 100 percent.
- Men’s Diving has six consecutive perfect marks of 100 percent.
- Men’s Track has three consecutive perfect marks of 100 percent.
- Women’s Tennis has three consecutive perfect marks of 100 percent.
- Additional record highs in 2010:
* Rowing earned 93 percent.
* Women’s Swimming and Diving earned 93 percent.
* Volleyball earned 93 percent.
- The most improved teams over the last six years are:
* Football started at 67 percent and currently at 81 percent.
* Women’s Swimming and Diving started at 82 percent and currently at 93 percent.
* Women’s Tennis started at 71 percent and currently at 100 percent.
- Men’s Basketball held steady at 73 percent.
- Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country is also steady at 89 percent.
- Women’s Soccer held steady at 91 percent.
Stay tuned to HurricaneSports.com for a comparison of UM teams to their ACC and national counterparts.