|EVENT OPERATIONS||ALUMNI PROGRAMS|
The event operations internship provides undergraduate and graduate students the unique opportunity to gain hands on experience from behind the scenes of all UM athletic events. Interns will learn the role of an event operations supervisor and provide leadership, and work direction to help execute game-day tasks.
The event operations department is looking to hire hard-working, dedicated candidates interested in working in the office as well as game-day events that will require occasional extended, evening and weekend hours. Qualified applicants may have or be pursuing a degree in marketing, management, public relations, sport administration, or related fields.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Provide assistance with the set-up, operation and breakdown of the department’s events
- Work closely with internal and external constituencies to coordinate home athletics contests
- Be on-site and available throughout selected athletics events to assist in the operation
- Coordinate emergency procedures while ensuring the safety of all fans
- Contact visiting colleges, universities and officials to help with their travel to Miami
- Assist with day-to-day activities within the operations department
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Operations.
- Professional experience in events operations, customer service, sport administration, or related fields
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules