🚨 We’re headed to the Men’s Final Four! Shop Final Four Gear Now Buy Here »
At Miami:Three-year letterwinner…served as coxswain during the 2004-05 season for both the varsity and junior varsity eight…gold medalist in the championship eight at the Head of the Creek…won a gold medal in the open eight and a bronze medal in the varsity eight at the Head of the Hooch…finished fourth in the junior varsity eight petit final at the San Diego Crew Classic…silver medalist in the junior varsity eight at the FIRA State Championships…named to the 2004-05 ACC Academic Honor Roll…during the summer, was a gold medalist in the men’s open four and silver medalist in the men’s eight at the Empire State Games…competed with thee Junior Varsity eight as a sophomore…earned Team MVP honors for 2003-04 season… undefeated during the fall of 2003 …Gold and Bronze medalist at the 2003 Head of the Chattahoochee…Gold medalist at the 2004 FIRA State Championships…Bronze medalist at the 2003 BIG EAST Championships…served as coxswain for the Varsity 8+…places ninth in the 2003 San Diego Crew Classic…earned gold with Miami Club 4+ and silver with the junior varsity 8+ at the Head of the Creek…majoring in criminology and political science with a concentration in Pre-Law. Summer 2003: served as coxswain for the Men’s Varsity Four that won gold at the Empire State Games and gold at the Hudson River Rowing Association Regatta. Poughkeepsie High School: Coached by Mike Smith, Warren Buhler, Mike Corts and Eric Height, Kevin Piotti and Gary Krom…served as coxswain…three year medalist Empire State Games…2002 silver medalist at the Scholastic National Championship and fourth at Stotesbury Cup Regatta…All-Time 2001 and 2002 Key Returnee…2002 All-Conference `A’ New York State…2000 New York State Champion.
1. Interests and hobbies outside of Rowing: Photography, swimming, horseback riding.
2. List any academic honors you’ve won or class/club offices held: National Honors Society, graduate with honors, honor roll senior year.
3. Why did you choose the University of Miami? For criminology major and rowing team with a lot of opportunity.
4. What was your first impression of Miami? Overwhelming, exciting, beautiful.
5. Who is your favorite athlete, Why? Andy Pettite, a great baseball player on the best baseball team.
6. What is your best rowing memory? Heats and semifinals at 2002. We got 1st with lots of open water.
7. Any superstitions before regattas? Differs with the season.
8. What did you do this summer? Head lifeguard at apartment complex and spent alot of time at the beach.
9. What are your goals at Miami both in sports and outside sports? Sports: I would like to see the crew team be more successful. Academics: I’d like to successfully earn a criminology degree with a high GPA.