Ring of Honor
Miami Athletics established the football program’s Ring of Honor in 1997 to recognize the greatest players and coaches in program history.
The first four honorees were Jim Dooley, Ted Hendricks, George Mira and Vinny Testaverde. Since then, 20 additional Hurricanes players and coaches have been inducted to bring the total to 24 members.
- Class of 1999: Ottis Anderson, Don Bosseler, Bernie Kosar, Burgess Owens
- Class of 2008: Edgerrin James, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto, Gino Torretta
- Class of 2009: Bennie Blades, Eddie Dunn, Steve Walsh
- Class of 2014: Jerome Brown, Russell Maryland
- Class of 2017: Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp, Sean Taylor
- Class of 2021: Howard Schnellenberger
The Ring of Honor includes 11 national champions, two Heisman Trophy winners, nine Pro Football Hall of Famers and seven College Football Hall of Famers.
Ring of Honor names and jersey numbers are featured on displays fronting the upper deck for Hurricanes home games at Hard Rock Stadium.