Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Pacific Christian HS
At Miami: Two-year letterwinner…competed with the junior varsity and varsity eight in 2004-05…gold medalist in the open quad at the Head of the Hooch…finished fourth in the junior varsity petite final at the San Diego Crew Classic…silver medalist in the junior varsity eight at the FIRA State Championships…finished fourth in the varsity eight at the ACC Championships…claimed a victory over Duke in the varsity four at Indian Creek…competed with the Novice eight in the 2003-04…Gold medalist at both the 2003 Head of the Chattahoochee Regatta and the 2004 FIRA State Championships…Silver medalist at the 2004 BIG EAST Championships…placed fifth at the 2004 Lexus Central/Southern Sprints…majoring in nursing. Victoria City Rowing Club: Coached by Drew Harrison and Gavin McKay…placed fifth in the Canadian Indoor Rowing Championships – Monster Erg 2003…Gold medalist in the 2003 Brentwood Regatta and Shawnigan Lake School Regatta in a Quad…Silver Medalist in the 2003 Shawnigan Lake School Regatta in doubles. Canada: Member of 2003 Junior National Team…finished 9th in the Women’s Quad at the 2003 Junior World Championships in Schinias, Greece.
1. Interests and hobbies outside of Rowing: Snowboarding. 2. List any academic honors you’ve won or class/club offices held Honor roll for three consecutive years.
3. Why did you choose the University of Miami? Excellent academic program, and great coaches.
4. What was your first impression of Miami? Wonderful place to live, very diverse and very hot.
5. Why did you start rowing? It offers me an excellent individual challenge while allowing me to participate as a part of a team.
6. When did you start rowing? January 2003.
7. What challenges did/do you face as a novice rower? Picking up the technique.
8. What changes have you recently made to improve your rowing technique? More lay back into my dive, quick catches, and sliding under.
9. What is your best rowing memory? Going to London, Ontario with my crew to try out for the Junior Canadian National Rowing Team.
10. Would you ever consider rowing as a “life sport”? (ex. such as tennis or golf) Yes, definitely.
11. What advice would you give young people? You’re the hero of your own story.
12. What did you do this summer? Travelled to Athens to represent Canada at the Junior World Championships.