Miami Men’s Tennis Shuts Out Bucknell, 7-0
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men’s tennis team (5-2) captured its fourth straight victory Sunday afternoon, as it defeated Bucknell (1-3) 7-0 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.
With the win, Miami remained perfect at home and improved to 2-0 all-time against Bucknell. The win also handed the Hurricanes their second match victory on the day. Earlier in the afternoon, Miami posted a 4-2 victory over FAU.
“It’s tough to come back and play two matches in a day, especially on a hot day like this, but our guys showed up and took care of business one through six and that’s all we can ask for,” head coach Aljosa Piric said. “We are going to give the guys a couple of days off then it’s back to work.”
Miami’s meeting with the Bison served as the two teams first matchup since 1953.
Miami’s doubles teams continued their strong play, as the Hurricanes captured the doubles point for the sixth consecutive match. The Miami tandems of Pablo Aycart/Nile Clark and Christian Langmo/Dane Dunlap both posted victories for the second straight match.
The win for Langmo/Dunlap moved the Hurricane duo to 6-1 on the year in doubles play.
Miami closed on a high note, claiming straight set wins in each of the six singles matches.
Dunlap got the Hurricanes off to a strong start in singles play, as he posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Max McDonald.
Tatsuki Shimamoto quickly followed Dunlap’s win with a victory of his own, as he downed Max Garramone, winning by the score of 6-1, 6-2 to give Miami a 3-0 lead.
The Hurricanes claimed the match thanks to Adria Soriano’s 6-1, 6-2 victory over Andrei Vitiuc.
Niclas Genovese, Langmo and Bojan Jankulovski all followed with wins of their own to complete the shutout.
Soriano’s win was his team-leading 13th on the year, while Langmo and Jankulovski each picked up their 12th wins on the year.
Miami welcomes the College of Charleston to the Neil Schiff Tennis center on Feb. 23. The match is set to begin at 4 p.m.
For all of the latest news around Miami’s men’s tennis team, follow @CanesMensTennis on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,or go to HurricaneSports.com.
Miami 7, Bucknell 0
1. Christian Langmo (UM) def. Daniel Wright (BUCKNELL) 6-1, 6-4
2. #99 Adria Soriano (UM) def. Andrei Vitiuc (BUCKNELL) 6-1, 6-2
3. #101 Bojan Jankulovski (UM) def. Max Kane (BUCKNELL) 6-2, 6-0
4. Dane Dunlap (UM) def. Max McDonald (BUCKNELL) 6-2, 6-0
5. Niclas Genovese (UM) def. Ben Gerber (BUCKNELL) 6-1, 6-3
6. Tatsuki Shimamoto (UM) def. Max Garramone (BUCKNELL) 6-1, 6-2
1. Bojan Jankulovski/Adria Soriano (UM) vs. Daniel Wright/Ben Gerber (BUCKNELL) 5-2 – unfinished
2. Nile Clark/Pablo Aycart (UM) def. Max Kane/Timber Erskine (BUCKNELL) 6-2
3. Christian Langmo/Dane Dunlap (UM) def. Drew Krantz/Colin Sacco (BUCKNELL) 6-1
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (4,6,2,5,1,3)