Miami Men’s Tennis Rolls Past FAU, 4-2
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men’s tennis team (4-2) continued its strong play at home Sunday afternoon, as it defeated Florida Atlantic University (5-3) 4-2 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.
With the win, Miami remained unbeaten at home and improved to 22-1 all-time against FAU. The Hurricanes have not lost to FAU since 2002.
“Florida Atlantic is a good team and we beat a good team today,” head coach Aljosa Piric said. “They train and compete in the same conditions that we do and they are ready for the heat. They came out and they were ready to play. I’m very proud of our guys and the fight they have shown the entire year. Our guys stepped up to the challenge and our number one, two and three players really took care of business today.”
The Hurricanes opened the match on a high note by claiming the doubles point thanks to wins from the tandems of Pablo Aycart/Nile Clark and Christian Langmo/Dane Dunlap.
The win for Langmo/Dunlap moved the Hurricane duo to 5-1 on the year in doubles play.
Miami continued its momentum into singles play, as Langmo, Adria Soriano, Bojan Jankulovski all went on to post victories.
Soriano’s win was his team-leading 12th on the year, while Langmo and Jankulovski each picked up their 11th triumph on the year.
Miami returns to the court later this afternoon, as they welcome Bucknell for the second match of it doubleheader.
Fans can click here to follow live stats for the Bucknell match.
For all of the latest news around Miami’s men’s tennis team, follow @CanesMensTennis on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to HurricaneSports.com.
Miami 4, Florida Atlantic 2
1. Christian Langmo (UM) def. Jason Legall (FAU) 6-3, 6-4
2. #99 Adria Soriano (UM) def. Remi Chancerel (FAU) 6-3, 6-3
3. #101 Bojan Jankulovski (UM) def. Ignacio Garcia (FAU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Gabriel Sidney (FAU) def. Dane Dunlap (UM) 6-3, 6-3
5. Anthony Schohn (FAU) vs. Niclas Genovese (UM) 6-2, 6-6 – unfinished
6. Thomas Bugeaud (FAU) def. Tatsuki Shimamoto (UM) 6-3, 6-4
1. Remi Chancerel/Gabriel Sidney (FAU) def. Bojan Jankulovski/Adria Soriano (UM) 4-3
2. Pablo Aycart/Nile Clark (UM) def. Ignacio Garcia/Arthur Stefani (FAU) 6-3
3. Christian Langmo/Dane Dunlap (UM) def. Jason Legall/Thomas Guy (FAU) 6-2
Florida Atlantic 5-3
University of Miami 4-2
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (2,4,1,6,3)
Official: Chris Cetrone T-2:19